Through alternative education and support, Carinity Education – Glendyne provides pathways for young people to become positive and contributing members of their local community. One of the main differences between our school and traditional schools is our unique approach to learning through our various mentoring activities. These activities allow us to build positive relationships with students in an informal ‘family-like’ environment.
We encourage students to pursue their dreams and ensure that they have the skills required to get a job or pursue further training and/or higher education options by the time they leave school.
Some of the many benefits students of Carinity Education – Glendyne experience include:
- Smaller student numbers in each class;
- An interactive and innovative alternative education program;
- Personalised learning support and extra tutoring to improve numeracy and literacy skills;
- Opportunities to work towards a Queensland Certificate of Education and study nationally accredited Vocational Education Courses at school or at TAFE e.g. hospitality, construction, metal work, furniture making, IT and work education;
- Opportunity to complete school based traineeships;
- Work experience;
- Assistance to complete the Queensland Core Skills test to achieve a ranking for university entrance;
- Life skills (self management, self awareness, personal development skills, relationship skills, responsible decision making and social awareness);
- Counselling service;
- Assistance with Centrelink;
- Access to health and well-being services;
- Low cost meals;
- Free educational materials; and
- Information and referral to other agencies.
Carinity Education – Glendyne is an independent school and a registered training organisation.
Carinity Education – Southside is funded by the Queensland Government and the Commonwealth Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations.